Try mounting your drives like this:
sudo mount -o rw /dev/hdx?
Or, if it's already mounted:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdx?
Hi!
After installing knoppix onto my hd and doing some settings I wanted to get write access for my FAT32-drive hda5.
Following the instruction I mounted hda5 by clicking the icon on the desktop. Then I did "change r/w permissions" which can be found in the context menu of the icon.
But this action had *absolutely no* effect, though it should have one, shouldn't it? Still a message appeared which told me that it is not possible to write, when trying to delete/create/edit a file on hda5.
Please *do* help me.
Knoppixer
Try mounting your drives like this:
sudo mount -o rw /dev/hdx?
Or, if it's already mounted:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdx?
I will try that later on.
But whoes failure would it be, if your solution were correct, what it actually can be?
Well ya see.....i almost never even see my desktop but when I do there's redhead I'd rather see than icons.Originally Posted by knoppixer
![]()
Thanks to you! It even worked the next reboot without doing anything.![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00