-
More of my woes with installing Knode
I think that when I installed Knode, I installed an older version of kdelibs-data. Can I correct this mistake?
Here is a list of the error that I'm getting --
root@box:~# apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
kdelibs-data
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 627 not upgraded.
6 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/5066kB of archives. After unpacking 16.4kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 111832 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kdelibs-data 4:3.1.2-2.1 (using .../kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.4-2_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kdelibs-data ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.4-2_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-cue.desktop', which is also in package k3b
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.4-2_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@box:~#
By the way Knode is now up and running. Should I leave it alone?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: More of my woes with installing Knode

Originally Posted by
Bob_Ullet
I think that when I installed Knode, I installed an older version of kdelibs-data. Can I correct this mistake?
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.4-2_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-cue.desktop',
By the way Knode is now up and running. Should I leave it alone?
Yes you can correct the error you would cd /var/cache/apt/archives then dpkg -i --force-overwrite kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.4-2_all.deb to overwrite the offending file. To answer the question there is always the old saying "If it ain't broke why fix it." but that's never stopped me before so it's a matter of personal preference.
-
Thanks Stephen-- That did the job and all seems to be working right!
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 05:13 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:02 AM
-
By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 03:06 AM
-
By netromancer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99