I am having a similar problem with my onbaord LAN!
I posted seperately as I did not see this thread. I am awaiting an answer soon as well.
I recently got knoppix from school. I installed it with no problems BUT:
Internet doesn't work. When i do netcardconfig it says it detected 1 eth0 card but gives me an error afterwards. I think the problem has something to do with my ethernet socket being part of the motherboard. My motherboard has a ethernet card mounted on it. I have the drivers for it but it is only for windows... has anyone else encountered this problem? and how to deal with it?
I also am on a LAN using cogeco cable.
I am having a similar problem with my onbaord LAN!
I posted seperately as I did not see this thread. I am awaiting an answer soon as well.
"Doctor! doctor! I'm sick, make me better!"
You'll need to give us some clues - we can't see your screen!
What ethernet chipset? Do
desg | grep eth0
in a Konsole window. Is it one of the supported ones? Is there a module loaded for it? Do
lsmod
or
cat /proc/modules
What "error message"?
Do
ifconfig -a
to show what network config (if any) has been done.
What happens when you do
netcardconfig
in a Root Shell?
when i do netcardconfig
it asks: "use DHCP broadcast" (i have no idea what this means)
if i click yes, it pauses for 30s then it gives me "Operation Failed"
if i ciick no, it asks for my ip(which i know) then asks for network mask? and broadcast address? and default Gateway?
i have no idea what network mask, broadcast address and default gateway are.. what are they and where i can find this info?

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$217.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
LOT OF 16 Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ SERVER MEMORY ECC
$800.00
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95