-
Damn Small Linux remastering problems
I'm remastering Damn Small Linux 0.4.10 (obviously), and it seemed to be going fine. I compressed the filesystem, and placed it in /mnt/hda5/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX. Then I got boot.img off the DSL CD, and dd'd that to a floppy. I booted, and when the script ran "insmod cloop.o" it said it couldn't find the filesystem.
I thought it might be to do with using a floppy, so I made a proper CD ISO and burnt that - same error, and I wasted a CD.
Then I tried using Knoppix 3.3's boot.img, and that seemed fine, despite the modprobe errors because of the different kernel version.
So how can I use the proper DSL boot.img and get it to work?
Similar Threads
-
By fatso in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
-
By yuhnstuff in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
-
By arbs22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 04:39 AM
-
By firepunk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 04:40 AM
-
By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95