-
What file system?
When installing Knoppix to the HDD it asks what file system I want to use. What is the best for speed and reliability?
-
I would always recommend the reiserfs. but if you are going to use it you have to use knx-hdinstall as knoppix-installer does not support reiserfs
reiserfs is a journaling file system it provides serious recovery and stability. I upgraded from ext2 to reiserfs maybe about 2 years now and I have never looked back
the only thing to be aware of is that using reiserfs with encryption does not fly with debian, its not recognized. I was using it with SuSE when I came to debian a few months now but it was a minor price to pay. Did a few reformat hard disk and installs until I figured out just to get rid of reiserfs encrypted hard disks.
xfs is also solid, also available with knx-hdinstall
so choose a journaling file system and enjoy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Reiserfs is available with knoppix-installer as well. You have to manually edit the configuration file to choose between ext3 or reiserfs. The default is ext3.
The easiest way to do it is to set up your installation, save the configuration as a file like "myconfiguration". Quit the installer, then "emacs myconfiguration" to edit the configuration to use reiserfs. Save the changes and use that configuration file for your install.
Similar Threads
-
By calvin the bold in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 01:59 AM
-
By evirus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:39 AM
-
By b0b-0001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:56 AM
-
By WANDr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:51 AM
-
By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN Server Memory
$575.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$150.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00