Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: removed the wrong thing. I think

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    20

    removed the wrong thing. I think

    I thought I was being "smart", and removing exrtraneous (I though knoppix related stuff) stuff from my knoppix installed system. So much for being smart.

    It looks like I removed the wrong thing,
    xsession-initscript-knoppix. Now when I boot up my system, it never sees the /boot partition, but does an aborted boot.

    Any idea where I can get a deb file for this file, so I can re-install it?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    19
    You could always boot Knoppix and run KPackage to see what files were in this package, then copy them across. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Similar Threads

  1. Why are my posts being removed?
    By sunburnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
  2. Oops! Accidentally removed knx-installer
    By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:46 AM
  3. VNC Viewer removed from knoppix 3.6
    By SunnyB in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 04:39 AM
  4. task manager removed from knoppix 3.3 ?
    By electronicjason in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 10:19 AM
  5. Dist upgrade removed KDE, how do I get it back?
    By theARE in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 07:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99