Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Call me Crazy- my user and root and admin password dont work

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Call me Crazy- my user and root and admin password dont work

    Okay, I am thinking I must be totally crazy. I have installed knoppix three times now (HDinstall according to the FAQ) and each time when all is said and done, when I boot into KDE (the debian login-screen, it's selected to automatically load) none of my logins or passwords work. I don't understand, I retyped everything and double checked everything and wrote it all down, but it still doesn't work. I have to selections on the side of the graphical login window, Knoppix User and Root. In Knoppix-installer I had a 'user' account also with a super simple password. But ever time I try to log-in, my log-in fails. What am I doing wrong? Did I install using some foreign language keyboard and now I'm screwed? Any ideas how I can get around this?

    thanks, dennison

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25

    ...

    Great guide, but doesn't really pertain to the question at hand. I followed the guide and all is great up to creating the new user name. After creating the username, it tells me that i must immediately change my password... "root enforced.." so.. I change my password, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. KDE sys notification sounds work in root but not in user
    By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:05 AM
  2. Changing admin(root) password revisited
    By mediaparty in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 11:36 PM
  3. ADMIN/ROOT PASSWORD
    By lello107 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:26 AM
  4. Lost my Admin password Help!
    By dave52355 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 07:29 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010) picture

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)

$149.00



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99