Go here follow the directions http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html
Okay, I am thinking I must be totally crazy. I have installed knoppix three times now (HDinstall according to the FAQ) and each time when all is said and done, when I boot into KDE (the debian login-screen, it's selected to automatically load) none of my logins or passwords work. I don't understand, I retyped everything and double checked everything and wrote it all down, but it still doesn't work. I have to selections on the side of the graphical login window, Knoppix User and Root. In Knoppix-installer I had a 'user' account also with a super simple password. But ever time I try to log-in, my log-in fails. What am I doing wrong? Did I install using some foreign language keyboard and now I'm screwed? Any ideas how I can get around this?
thanks, dennison
Go here follow the directions http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html
Great guide, but doesn't really pertain to the question at hand. I followed the guide and all is great up to creating the new user name. After creating the username, it tells me that i must immediately change my password... "root enforced.." so.. I change my password, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67
Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99