Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: need knoppix-installer

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    need knoppix-installer

    Will someone post the contents of the knoppix-installer script for me?

    My remasters only have the older knx-hdinstall script. I'd like for both to be available.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: need knoppix-installer

    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    Will someone post the contents of the knoppix-installer script for me?

    My remasters only have the older knx-hdinstall script. I'd like for both to be available.

    TIA
    You can get it here.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Ok, and I just stick that .deb in my /var/cache/apt/archives and then
    dpkg -i package_name
    ???

    Cuz I tried that and it complained about a dependnecy. I try to apt-get that dependency but could not.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    Ok, and I just stick that .deb in my /var/cache/apt/archives and then
    dpkg -i package_name
    ???

    Cuz I tried that and it complained about a dependnecy. I try to apt-get that dependency but could not.
    You just need the script that is inside the tar.gz file and the templates.tgz file uncompressed in the same directory where you need to execute the installer from at least that's all I needed when I tested it in the early summer.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Thanks, I'll try that.

    Has anyone edited either of the installer scripts?

    I want to add 2 services to be installed and also to create a directory and copy some files into knoppix user's home, as well as change the minmum root partition and swap sizes.

    I edited knx-hdinstall already but haven't tested it yet.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix-installer
    By jjbergdolt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
  2. Need help with Knoppix-installer
    By ValhallaSystems in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2004, 06:36 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.4 HD installer
    By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 12:21 AM
  4. knoppix-installer
    By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested picture

Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested

$105.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good

$1099.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1769.85



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$465.02



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99