Do you have the option to turn any BIOS Plug & Play off?
I have Gigabyte's 7VAX MOBO which comes with Realtek OB sound chip.
On Gigabyte's site there's a driver for linux, but it's probably not the way to go with a live distro such as Knoppix.
I searched about this issue and found a question in experts-exchangehttp://www.experts-exchange.com/Deve..._20441229.html
What I could understand from the thread is that if ALSA is added to Knoppix, this kind of problem could be solved, no?
Do you have the option to turn any BIOS Plug & Play off?
Dear friends,
I downloaded the knoppix cd and running fine. Unfortunately it didnot recognize the Via onboard 8223 audio card and I am unable to hear music. Please help me.
Also I was unable to setup my printer. When I tried to install, it gave a erro message 'Could not get the list of printers'.
Please help me
srinath

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510
$39.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y
$55.95