Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Surreal CD burning problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Surreal CD burning problem

    Hello,

    I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-10-28-DE. I have Roxio's Easy CD Creator Basic, and I just double-clicked the .iso file and the CD was burned without a problem or having to adjust any options. The CD booted fine.

    The only problem is that by mistake I had downloaded the German version, so OK, I'll just repeat the operation with the English version. So I downloaded the SAME version/date of knoppix (same size, at least up to 698.10 MB) but the EN one.

    First problem came when CD Creator refused to create the CD, it said "invalid .iso image file"). (By the way, the graphical MD5Sum interface from toast442.org just kept on crashing).

    Then I downloaded ISO Recorder Power Toy. At first it said the media wasn't valid. I rebooted and this time it recognized the blank CD. It recorded the CD but now ... it doesn't boot !!

    I give up, my computer hates English, I'll just learn German...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1
    I have a similar problem. I downloaded the iso but can´t burn it cause nero said it is oversized. 701MB! Do I need a 90 min CD?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: Surreal CD burning problem

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyant
    I give up, my computer hates English, I'll just learn German...
    Weird problem, but...

    The only difference between the English and German Knoppix is the default lang=. So if you boot with (..press F2 and enter..) "knoppix lang=en" you have an English Knoppix.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    "knoppix lang=en"
    On the german keyboard the "=" Key is <SHIFT> 0

    Ciao Martin

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    denver, co
    Posts
    72
    Sounds like a bad .iso file to me. You may be able to use rsync and an rsync mirror of the image to repair your .iso.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    it worked

    thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. burning help
    By pLanetZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 04:36 PM
  2. Problem burning iso file with Nero
    By russtproof in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
  3. Problem burning CD
    By Visceral in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 06:46 AM
  4. Burning ISO Image Problem
    By William Denyer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 02:33 AM
  5. CD burning
    By sblacklord in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99