Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Surreal CD burning problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Surreal CD burning problem

    Hello,

    I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-10-28-DE. I have Roxio's Easy CD Creator Basic, and I just double-clicked the .iso file and the CD was burned without a problem or having to adjust any options. The CD booted fine.

    The only problem is that by mistake I had downloaded the German version, so OK, I'll just repeat the operation with the English version. So I downloaded the SAME version/date of knoppix (same size, at least up to 698.10 MB) but the EN one.

    First problem came when CD Creator refused to create the CD, it said "invalid .iso image file"). (By the way, the graphical MD5Sum interface from toast442.org just kept on crashing).

    Then I downloaded ISO Recorder Power Toy. At first it said the media wasn't valid. I rebooted and this time it recognized the blank CD. It recorded the CD but now ... it doesn't boot !!

    I give up, my computer hates English, I'll just learn German...

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1
    I have a similar problem. I downloaded the iso but canīt burn it cause nero said it is oversized. 701MB! Do I need a 90 min CD?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: Surreal CD burning problem

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyant
    I give up, my computer hates English, I'll just learn German...
    Weird problem, but...

    The only difference between the English and German Knoppix is the default lang=. So if you boot with (..press F2 and enter..) "knoppix lang=en" you have an English Knoppix.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    "knoppix lang=en"
    On the german keyboard the "=" Key is <SHIFT> 0

    Ciao Martin

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    denver, co
    Posts
    72
    Sounds like a bad .iso file to me. You may be able to use rsync and an rsync mirror of the image to repair your .iso.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    it worked

    thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. burning help
    By pLanetZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 04:36 PM
  2. Problem burning iso file with Nero
    By russtproof in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
  3. Problem burning CD
    By Visceral in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 06:46 AM
  4. Burning ISO Image Problem
    By William Denyer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 02:33 AM
  5. CD burning
    By sblacklord in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$177.21



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98