-
I run into a little trouble:
DEVICE="/dev/hda2"
mountit ... o rw... /cdrom
# mkdir isn't available at this level, so create /cdrom/loop0 on /dev/hda2 beforehand
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /cdrom/KNOPPIX_V3.30-2003-11-02-EN.iso /cdrom/loop0
returns:
Mount unknown option loop ignored
how do you add -o loop support to mount at this level?
-
Senior Member
registered user
the mount(which is compiled into ash) comes with knoppix is quite limited.
you have to do the manual losetup but then there is no losetup in knoppix's miniroot.
I have grabbed busybox and compiled in all the necessary initial commands like mount, losetup, insmod etc and replace the ash used(and thankfully still keep the size comparable with it, so no grow in the floppy image size).
A few weeks ago, someone is so kind to host my version of miniroot but I believe it has gone now. If you have a place which allows me to upload, I can give you my modified version and hopefully all you need to do is to replace the modules(I have my own compiled kernel and drivers like cloop.o and loop.o is very picky, one cannot mix) in it. It also has booting multiple ISO/clooped scripts modifications done.
I have also made some modifications of how to handle the kernel modules in the linuxrc such that I can use one set of kernel(vmlinuz + modules) and still testing out different versions of KNOPPIX, kind of KNOPPIX with my own kernel build. In this way, I only need to rely on KNOPPIX for the package update. So every time a new version of KNOPPIX is out, I just download the ISO image and put it on my harddisk and boot straightly with a new GRUB entry.
Similar Threads
-
By MikeF in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 06:02 PM
-
By ioclaudio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM
-
By new~bie in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By Coldfirex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 05:02 PM
-
By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-7500 SR335 3.4GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR
$14.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested
$54.50

Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6
$28.99

Intel Core i7-14700K 20-Core LGA1700 3.4GHz Desktop CPU Processor SRN3X
$350.00