Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: firewalling

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    firewalling

    Hello guys,
    I'm a completely newby for Linux, but I'va a simple problem.
    I'have to create a machine with this feature:
    Firewalling (with ipchains or anything else secure the same or more)
    Proxy (for a lan gateway and eventually cache for web)
    Eventually samba for sharing resource with windows machine in lan
    I think that Knoppix could solve this problem
    I'd like to have a graphic interface to manage alla parameters for hardware and for configuration too. Probably this tool have to save all information on a floppy so at reboot alla parameters will be reloaded form floppy.
    Something else (probably internet update) to manage update for the software.

    I don't think this is an original idea but I like d to know how can I create such a Knoppix cd.
    I hope someone elese did it before.

    thx for your support

    dex

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    Sorry I forgot network service:
    DHCP, DNS (for internal LAN)
    a NAT translator (to eventually map machine in the LAN as external address/port)

    Eventually a browser (mozilla could be great) and a simple mail client and PDF reader to access information from the server

    No office application.
    No graphical/multimedia application.

    No DB and webserver (at the moment)

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5

    clarkconnect

    I use ClarkConnect for this purpose at home. It's a console/web-based distro based on RedHat 9 and uses apt for updates (via the the web console if you wish).

    I've used it for a couple years and am very pleased with it.

    More info at http://www.clarkconnect.org.

    You can also use their Dynamic DNS feature if you get your IP from DHCP and need to acces the box remotely.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    thx podius,
    I think this is exactly what I'm looking for.
    I'll give more than a chance, I'll test in the next few days.

Similar Threads

  1. default firewalling needed!
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121 picture

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121

$69.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$29.99