That is a good idea. I dont know how much of the Redhat installer would be useful, because hardware detection between knoppix and redhat is totally different.
I wish i had more time to look at the redhat installer code.
Now that fedora project has started, can't knoppix developer take the redhat Anaconda installer and modify it for the next knoppix release, This will be way cool to have a nice GUI installer for debian. I read somewhere the debian developers r already working on it.
That is a good idea. I dont know how much of the Redhat installer would be useful, because hardware detection between knoppix and redhat is totally different.
I wish i had more time to look at the redhat installer code.
Before trying to reinvent the wheel, or even retool it, take a look at this:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...tid=187&tid=90
silvestrij,Originally Posted by silvestrij
I'm glad you pointed to this. I was going to bring it up also. The RH (Fedora) Anaconda installer might very soon be available to use with Knoppix and/or other Debian variants. I know that Debian is itself working on a new installer, but I think that the more options we have the better.

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" MZ-ZLN512C 512GB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MZ7LN512HAJQ-000H1
$49.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00