Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems booting Knoppix after hdd install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25

    Problems booting Knoppix after hdd install

    I carefully followed the directions provided in the concise walkthrough written by David McNab.

    Sadly, when I pulled the CD out and rebooted, I received an error message telling me there was a "error booting the OS". I'll update this post with the exact message. This is somewhat frustrating as I have no clue WHAT the problem is. Any hints to a work around for this problem?

    I've tried out a few Linux distributions and I have found the Knoppix is by far the most hardware compatible and user friendly! I fell out of my chair when I saw how fast my peripherals were recongized! I'm still recovering from the schock! In any case, help is appreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25

    Fixed

    All I had to do was refuse the LILO option and use the boot disk. It works out great .

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    To make lilo work, look at your /etc/lilo.conf file. Make sure it is set properly and then run /sbin/lilo .

    That should fix the problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems booting with Knoppix.
    By Tullphan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 03:44 PM
  2. Problems booting with SATA in Knoppix 3.4 (C'T)
    By dxben in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 11:01 AM
  3. Problems booting Knoppix-3.3 without its CD
    By alex52 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:29 AM
  4. Booting Knoppix HD install on USB hd with no floppy?
    By visage in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 01:58 PM
  5. Knoppix hardware booting problems
    By Yattaman in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Mellanox 655874-B21  655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678 picture

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678

$13.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED picture

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED

$39.99



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90