Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: waht I would really love to see...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1

    waht I would really love to see...

    I would really love to see is a way to share internet connections with other PC's including windows pc's without having to install stuff...

    its because the pc running knoppix is my dad's pc and well... I want to be able to use my internet upstairs as well..
    I have been trying lotsa things already.. but nothing seemed to work...
    it should be more like a few clicks of the mouse and youre done.. that would be the best

    I hope you could make this .. because sharing an internet connection without need of an harddisk also gives an nice silent PC (shouldnt be a problem with 1 GB of RAM I think)

    thanks for reading anyway

    greets VNA9216

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    47
    Never had a requirement to do this, as I am running in a different environment, but Knoppix does come with a couple of proxies as part of the base package. You should be able to configure them and use them to share out your internet connection. Perhaps others on this forum can fill in the blanks?

Similar Threads

  1. For the love of god can someone do this
    By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 09:43 PM
  2. sharin' the knoppix love
    By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
  3. Ah Knoppix, how I love thee
    By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
  4. I Love IT ! But have some issues with Knoppix
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
  5. I love Knoppix
    By johnsandidge in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00