-
No power-off on logout without remastering?
Hello!
Is it possible to customize knoppix.iso with knoppix-customize in that way, when user clicks logout computer restarts?
Current behavior is power-off on logout, and i would like restart instead of power-off. I hope that if I changed startkde or kdeinit_shutdown it would be enough but...
I tried to extract startkde script from knoppix.iso (3.3) but I wans't successfull, because this script is somewhere in /KNOPPIX/etc/kde3/debian/ i think, and when I try
knoppix-customize --image knoppix.iso --action extract_file --image_file /KNOPPIX/etc/kde3/debian/starkde --local_file
it fails, because knoppix-customize can't fnd /KNOPPIX/etc/
path is cut to 11 characters (defined in knoppix-customize.c)
knoppix-customize.txt says something about DOS 8.3 format. Does someone know exact path to startkde script in iso image? so I can extract itd...
TIA
-
Senior Member
registered user
I was working though the scripts and it is in the rc5.d directory. There is a call to shutdown after the call to start KDE. Change the call to restart instead of shutdown. I tend to brute force those thingsm, but there is a utility in KDE that will change what is enable at each run level.
Similar Threads
-
By chain in forum General Support
Replies: 26
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 03:16 AM
-
By kriko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:38 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2003, 07:21 PM
-
By viet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By ariszlo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99