A little more info would be useful...
I'm guessing you did a hdd install from a 3.1 CD, but how exactly did you go about upgrading libc6? What else have you done to your system in the mean time....?
I'am running an old Knoppix 3.1.
After the updae from the(built in) libc6 version 2.3.1-9 to the version 2.3.2-9 (from testing branch), the system hangs while booting. The last boot message is from loading the parport driver.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Heiko
A little more info would be useful...
I'm guessing you did a hdd install from a 3.1 CD, but how exactly did you go about upgrading libc6? What else have you done to your system in the mean time....?
The only thing i did, i typed on the console
apt-get install libc6. Then the download and the installation via
apt was successful, no errors.
While booting, the normal Kernel messages shows but
it starts no login promt/KDE welcome screen.
I trusted the apt-get tool and of course i read the libc docu.
Whats going on here?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Heiko
(Should i send the dmesg?)
it happened to me because cups need update.
you have to download cups, boot at init 1 and install the update
Bingo!!!! That's the problem. I have disabled the cupsys
and now i can update the libc6 without pain! Wow!
I'm so happy, many thanks for your help!
Heiko

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro
$79.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98