Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Call me Crazy- my user and root and admin password dont work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Call me Crazy- my user and root and admin password dont work

    Okay, I am thinking I must be totally crazy. I have installed knoppix three times now (HDinstall according to the FAQ) and each time when all is said and done, when I boot into KDE (the debian login-screen, it's selected to automatically load) none of my logins or passwords work. I don't understand, I retyped everything and double checked everything and wrote it all down, but it still doesn't work. I have to selections on the side of the graphical login window, Knoppix User and Root. In Knoppix-installer I had a 'user' account also with a super simple password. But ever time I try to log-in, my log-in fails. What am I doing wrong? Did I install using some foreign language keyboard and now I'm screwed? Any ideas how I can get around this?

    thanks, dennison

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25

    ...

    Great guide, but doesn't really pertain to the question at hand. I followed the guide and all is great up to creating the new user name. After creating the username, it tells me that i must immediately change my password... "root enforced.." so.. I change my password, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. KDE sys notification sounds work in root but not in user
    By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:05 AM
  2. Changing admin(root) password revisited
    By mediaparty in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 11:36 PM
  3. ADMIN/ROOT PASSWORD
    By lello107 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 01:26 AM
  4. Lost my Admin password Help!
    By dave52355 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 07:29 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49



Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+ picture

Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+

$13.99



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99