I can't recall any numbers required when running netcardconfig in Knoppix that are not provided by ipconfig /all in Windows. Can you remind me?
First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ, but I didn't see one.
At school, we have computers installed with Windows. I want to use Knoppix on these computers. Knoppix boots and works fine, but I have no access to the internet. There is no DHCP for the network.
I tried copying the information from 'ipconfig /all' in Windows and typing that into Knoppix's networking script when it asks for the networking information, but it asks for things ipconfig didn't tell me. So my question is, how can I get online with Knoppix just by being on a configured Windows system that I know nothing about?
It's a Novell network, but I don't think that has anything to do with the internet? Just shares?
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!
I can't recall any numbers required when running netcardconfig in Knoppix that are not provided by ipconfig /all in Windows. Can you remind me?
Knoppix asks for:Originally Posted by teamplayer
Use DHCP?
Please enter IP address for eth0:
Please enter Network Mask for eth0:
Please enter Broadcast Address for eth0:
Please enter Default Gateway:
Please enter Nameservers:
Windows (98, by the way) ipconfig /all gives me:
Which information matches with which?Code:Windows 98 IP Configuration Hostname ....: 213-31.stbernard.k12.la. DNS servers ...: 10.1.0.1 Node Type...: Broadcast NetBIOS Scope ID....: IP Routing Enabled...: No WINS Proxy Enabled...: No NetBIOS Resolutin Uses DNS: Yes 0 Ethernet adapter: Description...: NDIS 4.0 driver Physical Address...: 00-40-F4-7F-4B-8A DHCP Enabled...: No IP Address...: 10.8.213.31 Subnet Mask...: 255.255.0.0 Default Gateway...: 10.8.0.1 Primary WINS Server...: Secondary WINS Server...: Lease Obtained...: Lease Expires....:
Well... nevermind. I got it to work, by matching different things.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
Apple Mac Pro Model A1481 Computer 8core Intel Xeon E5 64 GB Storage 500 G2U
$189.99
Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Desktop CPU Processor 100-100001973WOF
$425.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$69.99
Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 4 - i7 8 Core 32GB 1TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce 3080 Grade B
$897.89
Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD
$129.99