Nobody can help?
Can you tell me, how to create a mini-size of Knoppix via remastering?
I wanno get a mini version of Knoppix, remove all other softwares, only remain the Knoppix's features, such as hardware-auto-detection-and-installation, and auto-configuration the X config files, etc.
I chrooted into the KNOPPIX, but the apt-get remove command and the dpkg -P command can not give me more help: too much packages needed to be remove, and I don't know their dependens.
Or, on the other hand, we can draw out the only files that we need. That is, if I only want to remain the hardware-auto-detection-and-installation, and auto-configuration the X config files, and I wanno build my own mini-Knoppix-ISO, how?
Thanks & regards,
Hiweed
Nobody can help?
a minimal knoppix with X and fluxbox, it would be great !
I think that Tech2k is the most capable to do this
Hello Tech2k, write a mini-tutorial to us, please![]()
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
or
http://flonix.tuxfamily.org
(I didn't try the second one).
DamnSmall is really great but its based on model-k and an old version of Knoppix. And it has a lot of apps installed including some non-debian![]()
The idea is to build a bare minimal version of the last Knoppix with only X and fluxbox. That would be great for remasters
Tech2k, please help us![]()
![]()
Please write a documentation for us,![]()
Thanks a lot!
I don't think there is an easy way other than install KNOPPIX to HD then apt-get remove all unwanted stuff.
It seems to be easier to start from debootstrap if one wants minimalist debian, just add knoppix-autoconfigure stuff onto it.

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50