-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Change startup options

Originally Posted by
mpeters13
During the knoppix isntall, I agreed to have xwindows start everytime i boot my pc. Because of problems I'm having wtih my graphics when xwindows boots from startup, I've decided I just want the machine to boot straight to the console. Then, I can type "startx" whenever I want a GUI. How can I change my current settings so that I can begin logging in and out w/ the console and not xwindows?
Thanks

[/b]
apt-get remove kdm and you should get to login to the console everytime and you may be able to instead dpkg-reconfigure kdm and check to see if there is a question in the setup to not start the display manager on boot I'm not sure about this one though can't remember if there is such a question.
Similar Threads
-
By scanman20 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 01:53 PM
-
By metalfan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By bafl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 11:32 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95