-
some serious probs with knoppix!
1) I cannot write on my hd: I've got IBM 8 GB: one partition formatted as ntfs, one as ext2 and one as swap! Both linux part are at the end of HD. I already tried to mount the hd as writeable but no succes: always the same response: cant write to harddisc. HD is attached to a promise controller 100!
2) DSL prob: I saved my config file on disc (with the DSL config) and tried to load the config next time with knoppix floppyconfig but DSL wont work. I always get the error similar to that: eth0 ... timeout? I have two eth controllers: one for inet, one for homelan under winxp! Then again I have to type in my username etc... It is annoying..
3) mouseproblem: wheel doesnt work. I ve got logitech mouseman optical. changing xf86config-4 file doesnt work: cant save the changed file! booting with knoppix wheelmouse doesnt work as well.
4) cant change the frequency above 60Hz. I ve got voodoo3 and monitor syncmaster 17glsi?? It works at 1024*768 but not in the right frequency!
already tried to change the frequency under root with hvfrequency or similar: no effect!
THX for help!
cheers
knoppers
Similar Threads
-
By rumple in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
-
By fannymites in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:54 AM
-
By brian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 07:58 PM
-
By beetlebz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:41 AM
-
By jochen in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99