Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: saving graphic resolution

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9

    saving graphic resolution

    I've a strange problem with graphic resolution.
    I'll try to explain my view.

    I'm using a sony vaio laptop (ATI Radeon) and I've the 3.3 version of 29th of september.
    I'm a brand newbye of linux (I'll use knoppix to study it)

    I launch knoppix from CD without any problem and it start. All hardware is perfectly configured.
    The resolution appears something like 1024x768 or 800x600 (I don't know how to verify it).

    I set Italian language and save knoppix configuration on a floppy.
    I restart with "floppyconfig" cheat code (see note below) and I see the resolution at 640x480.

    I've seen in the Control Center that the resolution is set effectively 640x480, but I see this also when the resolution is higher (at the 1st boot).

    In any case I change it, before rebooting (needed because we cannot restart the X11 session), I save the configuration on the floppy but ...
    We have the same problem.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

    dex

    Note.
    I think that the message appearing after saving the configuration on the floppy is not correct; it talks about a "myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" that it doesn't work.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    I've found a trick but it is not the best.
    You can create a boot floppy where to define the resolution (as append statement to the boot).
    see www.cclug.org/wiki/Main/KnoppixTricks
    It works but you need a floppy.

    Any better idea?

    At the moment my best is to open the saved config file and to try to understand the content. I cannot immagine what to find into.

    dex

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    I found another more useful trick.
    if you lanch knoppix with the SCREEN cheatcode, the system save right configuration, so if you save config you save your resolution.

    This should work.

    dex

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Anyone know how to change the X resolution on an hdinstalled system (knopiix-installer as debian)?

    TIA,

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  2. Graphic card problem
    By Zend_DV in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:42 PM
  3. 2 graphic settings questions
    By Rookie in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
  4. No graphic logon screen
    By oscar in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
  5. installing Graphic-Drivers??
    By nimdaclaet in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2003, 06:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59