-
How to restart
I've verified that the log out box has not "reboot" option.
I do it manually (with "shutdown -r now" at the console) but I think something more friendly should be and I don't know where.
Any idea?
TIA
dex
-
I think the rationale for the shutdown sequence is to make right sure that the Knoppix CD comes out of the computer. Have you ever rebooted with a bootable CD in the drive and wondered "What the hell is going on?" when your OS didn't load? Keeps beginners from panicking -- "Oh, no, this Linux thing has taken over my computer!" I'm imagining forgetting the CD in a university lab computer -- that's where I use it -- and seeing the "No Knoppix CDs" signs go up a day later.
As you note, there's a workaround. But let me ask what may sound like a silly question: Why would you ever want to shutdown/restart the CD? What would that achieve that, well, not shutting down at all wouldn't achieve?
-
1st of all, thx for you answer.
I met this problem while manageing haow to change the screen resolution.
As you knoq linux save new configuration but ask you for rebooting.
In any case your note about reboot with a bootabel cd is correct. But as you can see form the shutdown process in Knoppix he ask you to remove the cd, if you don't you want to reboot.
Similar Threads
-
By pixturesk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
-
By elbarto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:49 AM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 08:37 PM
-
By jensen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98