Try at the LILO screen when booting linux apm=off if it works then add the apm=off to the append= line in the /etc/lilo.conf and run /sbin/lilo to have the change take effect on every boot.
Hi,
I installed Knoppix onto my Amarda M700 Laptop and I am trying to stop my laptop suspending even though it is on AC power. It will always suspend after about 10-15 of not recieving any keyboard clicks.
I would like to either switch suspend off completely, or preferably only suspend when I press the suspend button on the laptop. Is there anyway to control apm to manage this??
I changed /etc/apm/apmd_proxy.conf and amended the command:
SUSPEND_ON_AC=false
This does not make any difference. Would there be other packages or configurations that I should look at??
Johnny.
Try at the LILO screen when booting linux apm=off if it works then add the apm=off to the append= line in the /etc/lilo.conf and run /sbin/lilo to have the change take effect on every boot.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99