Does Knoppix support this?

What do I have to configure manually?

Is there any documentation on this available?
(I searched the FAQ and the forum for "usb network")

background of my question:

The notebook of a friend has a presumably broken broken harddisk and windows does not start any more. I want to save the data on my
computer via network. But the notebook does not have a ethernet interface and I don't possess a PCMCIA card either.

The computer at the other end can boot either W200 or Linux and has a USB 1.0 interface.

Many thanx in advance!

German:

Wird dies von Knoppix unterstützt?

Was muss ich selbst konfigurieren?

Gibt es irgendwo Anleitungen dazu?
(Habe schon FAQ und Forum nach "usb network" durchsucht)


Hintergrund meiner Frage ist:

Die Festplatte des Notebooks einer Bekannten scheint teilweise defekt zu sein (windows startet nicht mehr) und ich will die Daten auf meinen Computer sichern. Leider besitzt das Notebook keine Ethernet-Schnittstelle und ich habe auch keine PCMCIA-Karte.

Der PC am anderen Ende kann entweder unter W2000 oder Linux laufen und hat eine USB 1.0 Schnittstelle.