Hello,
1. There seems to be no sound in my Knoppix OS. I am using Knoppix via the LIVE CD. I have Intel 810 sound card.
2. Refresh rate - How do I change my desktop resolution to 800 x 600, 85 Hz? [Windows supports this mode]
Thanks
Aravind
Hello,
1. There seems to be no sound in my Knoppix OS. I am using Knoppix via the LIVE CD. I have Intel 810 sound card.
2. Refresh rate - How do I change my desktop resolution to 800 x 600, 85 Hz? [Windows supports this mode]
Thanks
Aravind
Try the command "sndconfig" to make sound work.
Hi,
Thanks for the message.
I enabled the sound by going to Command Center->Sound->Enable sound on startup->Apply->yes.
Any idea on the refresh rate / resolution?
Aravind S
No, sorry. Not my area of expertise.
Have you tried in the same Control Center as you set up sound in?2. Refresh rate - How do I change my desktop resolution to 800 x 600, 85 Hz? [Windows supports this mode]
Under Peripherals - X Display
A bit harder in: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
or by running: XFree86 -configure
Markus
Thanks for the reply, Mark.
The solution seems to be to enter 'Knoppix screen=800x600 xvrefresh=85'
[Without quotes] at the boot prompt.
I should have read the documentation more, I guess. I found this when I pressed 'F2' [Cheats] while the Knoppix screen is displayed for the first time while booting.
I hope I didn't cause any inconvenience.
Aravind S

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01