-
Senior Member
registered user
How do I connect?
Maybe I'm just asking for an RTFM here but I can't find the right FM to RT.
Question is: How do I connect my laptop box to my desktop box? both are dual boot Win ME & Knoppix 3.3 (on HD). connection is through net cards & a router. I can connect to the internet ok, Samba connect the boxes together (using Lineigbourhood) when one is running Win & the other is running Knoppix but I can't figure out how to connect Knoppix to Knoppix. I'm sure it should be easy but how do I do it?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It is quite easy to connect from one linux box to another with ssh. Of course make sure you can ping the other box first. Make sure the ssh daemon is running on the machine you want to log into:
sshd
then try to ssh in from your other LAN machine. It will depend on your particular setup but something like:
ssh -l (username on the box you're ssh'ing into) 192.168.0.104
That's it. If you're using KDE then you also have another cool feature called FISH. Open Konqueror and enter:
fish://[email protected]
It will ask for your password of course and then you can graphically drag and drop. There are yet other ways too like scp.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Can't get to first base.
sshd gives error
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
" /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
" /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
" 2. "
sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting
I must have to set something up first!
PS yes I am using KDE.
ifconfig says both machines have inet addresses of 192.168.2.120. Ping 192.168.2.120 is OK (I think...it keeps repeating '64 bytes from 192.168.2.120;icmp_seq=<number> ttl=64 time=0.4' but doesn't indicate any errors)
fish://[email protected] 'error loading fish,could not connect to localhost.
Similar Threads
-
By cschilbe in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By amigaman2 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
-
By sebke in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00