-
Junior Member
registered user
move Knoppix to the hard drive problems cfdisk fatal error
yeah. lets say for example, I wanted to copy knoppix to the hard drive, and run and boot it from there,
how would I do that exactally?
someone said there is a script to do so on the Knoppix CD, where is that at?
say for instance, I wanted to use my existing partition
/dev/hda3 (13 gig) for my Linux root
/dev/hda5 (1.3 mb) for my Linux swap
how would I format these partitions (currently they have redhat on them) how would I format these partitions and put Knoppix on them instead?
I tried to use cfdisk in Knoppix, but it gave me an eror
"fatan error, Cannot Open DIsk Drive"
the hard drive is set to 'read only" I guess, so how would I disable
this to format my partitions? I want to keep the partitions the same,
just format them and put Knoppix on them is what I'm trying to do
hda3 is where I want Linux native to be, and hda5 as my swap partition.
I noticed that knoppix won't swap to hard disk unless it finds a DOS partition, why is this? can't I just put it in my already existing ext3 partition? I don't mind formatting the partitions, fact I want to to get the redhat off there, but then how do I put knoppix on there instead? I don't see no script to do this,
other then saving desktop settings to hard drive, and that will only save to a DOS partition, which sucks actually.
(not sure what hda4 is, I know hda2 is my /boot partition for redhat, which I probably don't need in knoppix) and
hda1 is an NTFS partition and I don't want to put it there, want to leave
that alone basically. I'll probably have to put LILO in hda2 and put LILO in my MBR.
so how would I do this exactally?
so far I am yet to see a script on how to do this.
why doesn't knoppix come with this on the CD? since so many people
ask to do this. would only make sense.
thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Phishman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
-
By Loafy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By jaciii in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 06:49 PM
-
By ak47 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99