i believe you want knoppix-install and not knx-hdinistall...
I tried to install debian on my laptop without success. I wasn't able to start xserver. I found knoppix and installed It... and -almost- everythig started working.
The first release I installed was 3.3 (previous one) and I didn't have any trouble with knx-hdinistall but how I was unable to make the sound work, and also had some freezings stopping x (due to my chipset vga f***ing sis650) I deleted all and tried to install the latest update (11-2003).
I didn't check md5sum, but the CD seems to work fine. When I tried to install It with hdinstall, the windows with options don't show the text completely, and after 2-3 options (exactly chosing swap partition) installation stops and returns to console...
My question is easy: Someone has had the same issue or this is perhaps dou to a wrong download?
Thanks from Spain!!!
Alberto
i believe you want knoppix-install and not knx-hdinistall...
Hello... I am a complete linux newbie. I have been playing with knoppix from the live cd for about the past month now and I want to actually install this to the hard drive of my dell inspiron 8000.
I have successfully installed this once before but I don't remember what I was reading or how I did it at the time.
I now have the latest version 11-14-2003 and I can't get anywhere using knoppix-installer.
The only two options I get are Partition and Quit. I already partitioned the drive but now where do I go?
The last time I did this I got a little form or what not before the install even started asking who the username and all would be and also whether I wanted Debian Style or Knoppix style. Someone please tell me where I'm going wrong and help me out.
Also I need it so that once it is installed it runs with 1600x1200 as the resolution from the very beginning. On my last install, once everything was installed I kept trying to switch resolutions to 1600x1200 but to no avail. Though if I run it from the cd on boot with the commands: "knoppix lang=us screen=1600x1200" everything runs fine. So I want to set it up with those commands on boot from the hard drive. Can this be done?
Well, I solved It last week, but I couldn't write before... sorry.
Using knoppix-intall almost everything rignt. Only had trouble partitioning the hd because the installprog didn't understand I'd already done partitions...
I searched the forums and found a "sticky" with solution.
Thanks.
Alberto
I am doing my install and see all 6 options in the install menu but my nephew, doing his, sees only Partition and Quit in the install choices menu. After going through the partition routine, he is told "Opened disk read-only, you have no permission to write."Originally Posted by MercX
He is doing a fresh install of Knoppix only on a hard drive that has no OS installed at all although it was formatted, likely with windows, to wipe out what had been on it before.
Can someone give me a hint where we are getting off track?
Thanks.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00