-
Starting in Console Mode
Hi. After installing Knoppix, I decided that I'd prefer to have knoppix not load xwindows automatically. I'd rather do it myself. Is there a way to change the default startup option???
Thanks ^_^
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Starting in Console Mode
--Edit /etc/inittab and comment out the line where it starts gdm or kdm - should be near the end. Also check /etc/rc5.d and see if it has an entry there - if so, it's better to rename it or move it to another directory rather than delete it (you might want it again someday.)

Originally Posted by
mpeters13
Hi. After installing Knoppix, I decided that I'd prefer to have knoppix not load xwindows automatically. I'd rather do it myself. Is there a way to change the default startup option???
Thanks ^_^
Similar Threads
-
By edlsoft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 01:42 AM
-
By BillS in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By bhelmes in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 11:59 PM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 12:51 PM
-
By oracleman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75