-
Installing new applications in Knoppix (Not hdinstalled)
I'm trying to install Linksysmon on one of my hd partition.
but when I start "make install", the script tries to mkdir
in /usr/local/lib/perl
then
make: *** [pure_site_install] error 255
I understand that when we use knoppix from cd, there's some
limitations but is there a way ?
my question is :
how do I install an apps. when using Knoppix (no hdinstall)
I have /dev/sda4 (zip 100mb with my website)
I have /dev/sdb1 (usb sandisk 64 mb, having apache conf)
I have /dev/hda1 and hda3 (persistent config)
Thanks !
(Beside that problem, everything works pretty well)
-
Use lots of symlinks:
mkdir /hd/usr/local/lib -p
cd /hd/usr
ln -s /KNOPPIX/usr/* .
cd local
ln -s /KNOPPIX/local/* .
cd lib
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/usr/local/lib/* .
Then do your make install. You'll probably have to do this to a few different directories, but in the end everthing can work out fine.
Hope this helps,
- Ambrose
Similar Threads
-
By HappyPaul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:25 AM
-
By downdogWoof in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 11:23 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
-
By fabfab in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By hickorynut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung 2TB 9100 PRO 14,700MB/s PCIe 5.0 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-VAP2T0B/AM)
$399.49

Samsung XE303 C12 Chromebook 11.6 1.7GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, working condition
$42.00

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00