-
Installing new applications in Knoppix (Not hdinstalled)
I'm trying to install Linksysmon on one of my hd partition.
but when I start "make install", the script tries to mkdir
in /usr/local/lib/perl
then
make: *** [pure_site_install] error 255
I understand that when we use knoppix from cd, there's some
limitations but is there a way ?
my question is :
how do I install an apps. when using Knoppix (no hdinstall)
I have /dev/sda4 (zip 100mb with my website)
I have /dev/sdb1 (usb sandisk 64 mb, having apache conf)
I have /dev/hda1 and hda3 (persistent config)
Thanks !
(Beside that problem, everything works pretty well)
-
Use lots of symlinks:
mkdir /hd/usr/local/lib -p
cd /hd/usr
ln -s /KNOPPIX/usr/* .
cd local
ln -s /KNOPPIX/local/* .
cd lib
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/usr/local/lib/* .
Then do your make install. You'll probably have to do this to a few different directories, but in the end everthing can work out fine.
Hope this helps,
- Ambrose
Similar Threads
-
By HappyPaul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:25 AM
-
By downdogWoof in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 11:23 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
-
By fabfab in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By hickorynut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell OptiPlex 7070 MFF Motherboard Chipset Q370 Socket LGA1151 IPCFL-BS EK C1R19
$40.99