-
Installing new applications in Knoppix (Not hdinstalled)
I'm trying to install Linksysmon on one of my hd partition.
but when I start "make install", the script tries to mkdir
in /usr/local/lib/perl
then
make: *** [pure_site_install] error 255
I understand that when we use knoppix from cd, there's some
limitations but is there a way ?
my question is :
how do I install an apps. when using Knoppix (no hdinstall)
I have /dev/sda4 (zip 100mb with my website)
I have /dev/sdb1 (usb sandisk 64 mb, having apache conf)
I have /dev/hda1 and hda3 (persistent config)
Thanks !
(Beside that problem, everything works pretty well)
-
Use lots of symlinks:
mkdir /hd/usr/local/lib -p
cd /hd/usr
ln -s /KNOPPIX/usr/* .
cd local
ln -s /KNOPPIX/local/* .
cd lib
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/usr/local/lib/* .
Then do your make install. You'll probably have to do this to a few different directories, but in the end everthing can work out fine.
Hope this helps,
- Ambrose
Similar Threads
-
By HappyPaul in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:25 AM
-
By downdogWoof in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 11:23 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
-
By fabfab in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By hickorynut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 NVME PCIE 4.0 V-NAND Internal SSD
$210.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00