-
my experience with Toshiba Satellite 4060xcdt s4060xcdt 4.
192meg ram 6gig drive 333mhz
Knoppix will not boot.
F2 ... I managed to boot with:
knoppix xmodule=trident screen=1024x768 depth=24 vga=normal
I retained the old win2000 w2k installation but resized the NTFS partition to 2gig... added a FAT16 (for testing older DOS) I used PartitionMagic 3.0
primary 2gig NTFS WinNT
primary FAT16 DOS
logical 2.5gig Linux ext2
logical 200meg Linux SWAP
/usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
LILO into MBR
all went fine... now I can boot three different OS
yey!
)
... but the darn PCMCIA network card (old 10mBit) doesn't
work after booting Knoopix from HDD.
I can fix the problem with
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.50
route add default gw 192.168.0.200
can anyone tell me where to add this, so it always happens automatically?
cheers,
Y23
PS: Morphix 0.3 liteGUI worked FINE. Without
boot params.. and it did not forget its netw settings
upon reboot. But it did not shut down properly...
still had to do ANOTHER ctrl-alt-del once Xwin had shutdown... I was looking for the MOST SIMPLE and small
Linux for my old mother to use on her TV 640x480.
Preferably without mouse. Any ideas? (please reply here and
link to new topic.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: my experience with Toshiba Satellite 4060xcdt s4060xcdt

Originally Posted by
y23
I can fix the problem with
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.50
route add default gw 192.168.0.200
can anyone tell me where to add this, so it always happens automatically?
cheers,
Y23
I usually put that sorta thing in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh. For example I need the irda port configured on boot so that my PDA will sync. This is the end of my /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file:
[quote]
# Save kernel messages in /var/log/dmesg
#
dmesg -s 65536 > /var/log/dmesg
ifconfig irda0 up
: exit 0
[/code]
-
joe /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
well I have inserted the two lines at the end,
but to no avail.
ho hum... any more suggestions?
my dmesg:
[snip]
cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
eth0: NE2000 Compatible: io 0x300, irq 5, hw_addr 00:E0:98:43:09:47
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x77
[PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: irq 7 detected
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
lp0: console ready
Similar Threads
-
By edburns in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
-
By kzinti in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:08 AM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By moorer2k in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
-
By bureado in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718
$22.00

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D
$339.99