-
editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
Hi everyone,
I notice a strange thing with my Knoppix CD base...
Even if I'm root, I cannot edit /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf
Read-Only !!!
Why ?
I know that with the cd base "installation" we are limited ...
also as root, with chown user:user /the/dir
it returned error "operation not permitted"...
on my HD ?!?!?
Am I missing something or what ?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By antonello in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 05:09 PM
-
By egerber in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By charlybr in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 09:49 PM
-
By Legithrandil in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max UXG-Max
$199.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00

Netgate 2100 pfSense Firewall Appliance w/ Power Adapter w/Storage Upgrade
$187.50

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63

HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)
$140.00