-
editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
Hi everyone,
I notice a strange thing with my Knoppix CD base...
Even if I'm root, I cannot edit /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf
Read-Only !!!
Why ?
I know that with the cd base "installation" we are limited ...
also as root, with chown user:user /the/dir
it returned error "operation not permitted"...
on my HD ?!?!?
Am I missing something or what ?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By antonello in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 05:09 PM
-
By egerber in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 12:36 PM
-
By charlybr in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 09:49 PM
-
By Legithrandil in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

USED Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 BAREBONES Server NO RAM HDD or CPU, 2x 750w PSU 🚚
$170.00

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00