-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Linux Folder Structure

Originally Posted by
slicksps
Ok, I know noone will be able to post the full info here.
Is there anyone who can point me in a direction find out what each of the folder mean and do?
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/..._crfilest.html
I've worked out a few, I've been installing extra bits like limeware and amsn etc. but would like to know I'm installing to the right folders etc. I've been pretty much making it up as I go along, and while this works, it will make it awkward as I learn more about linux and try manually configuring bits.
Thanks

Keep Smiling
If you use Debian and dpkg then fret not your apps will be installed to the correct folders. If you build from source simply read the README and/or INSTALL and anything else you may find within to know where to install it to.
Similar Threads
-
By alex610 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
-
By mlrible in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:35 AM
-
By empro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 07:51 PM
-
By Tigga in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 01:04 AM
-
By fuzzy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95

SKhynix 64GB DDR5 PC5-4800B SERVER Memory RAM HMCG94MEBRA103N
$390.00

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99