Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix not working with TFT's?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix not working with TFT's?

    Hi,

    downloaded v. 3.3 of Nov 3,2003.
    Using a Samsung SyncMaster 181T TFT

    Booting Knoppix gave me a dark screen
    Booting with screen=1280x1024 vsync=60 won't sync the TFT
    Booting with screen=1280x1024 and different other options eventually gave me a picture in some lousy resolution, something like 800X600.

    Seems to me, Knoppix does not support TFT's properly.
    This was my first try with Linux.
    I am disappointed and the way it looks, I won't give it a second try...

    Hank

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1
    I have exactly the same problem with the C'T edition of Knoppix. Why hasn't there been an answer so far?

    As soon as X11 starts the screen looks weird, as if you had set a too high resolution on a old CRT. Means I can see my mouse coursor about four times on the screen and there is some black interlacing. Very strange, because the vsynch seems to be set correctly to 60hz.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3

    Re: Knoppix not working with TFT's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    downloaded v. 3.3 of Nov 3,2003.
    [...]
    I am disappointed and the way it looks, I won't give it a second try...
    Hank, please give it a second try!
    I'm using also Knoppix 3.3 (about same date or older) on my 17" Belinea TFT.

    I've booted with:
    knoppix screen=1280x1024 xvrefresh=60 xmodule=radeon fb=12808x1024
    and it worked.

    Cheers
    - Dan

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    57
    KNOPPIX, and perhaps, most any other Linux distribution, won't properly configure itself for graphical display run on a LCD. let's just say that there aren't enough people *paid* to write the code really needed to achieve this goal.

    In any case, nothing seems to be impossible. You may have to work just a little to get everything running smoothly.

    I have two Dell 1800FPs and a Gainward GF4 Ti4600 dual-DVI card. I did something to the DVI connection on one of my LCDs, so I currently use one with DVI and the other with HD15. I have successfully used and configured nVidia's drivers in Linux (and FreeBSD, and Windows, if you insist) to allow me to use both displays simultaneously.

    It can be done. Just don't expect it to be done for you.

    -SUO

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  2. Need help working in Knoppix
    By nechronics in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 06:30 AM
  3. KNOPPIX not working HELP....... again
    By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. Knoppix Not Working HELP!!!
    By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99