It appears that hardware is tricky for Linux in general. See/contribute to the recent thread at
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...758&highlight=
It's mostly pessimistic but has a few suggestions for how you might proceed. Good luck!
I am having trouble running Knoppix on my laptop (Acer Travelmate 240)
I know the disk is good as it works on my desktop pc
I have burnt a 2nd disk at a slower rate (8x) still no good
I get to the boot prompt and if I press enter I just get a blank screen
with certain cheat codes I can get a couple of steps further where it says loading vmlinuz
miniroot.gz
then I get a lione of text at the top of the screen that says Uncompressing Linux... OK, booting the kernal
At this point it just hangs nothing happens at all
I have tried all the cheatcodes
and I have read about 100 forum posts but still can't find an answer
Graphics details if you need them are Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME controller
can anyone help me please
It appears that hardware is tricky for Linux in general. See/contribute to the recent thread at
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...758&highlight=
It's mostly pessimistic but has a few suggestions for how you might proceed. Good luck!
Might be the same I've run into, I got it working by remastering
a CD. (removed SMP and APM support, added ACPI support instead)
More details in this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=5207&start=15
Same problem here. I was able to boot the MEPIS 2003.10.01 live CD(#1 - 2.4.22 kernel - see http://www.mepis.org ) with no problems (sees the built-in Ethernet and mousepad but not the wireless or a USB mouse I tried - I am posting this from Konqueror on the ACER).
Just type knoppix26 on your Acer TravelMate 240 (TM 240) when it says 'boot:' and it will work. Or at least mine does with Knoppix 3.4.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99