Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: How to install Knoppix 3.3

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    Actually, with 'knoppix-installer' you get two choices: 'Debian Style' and 'Knoppix Style' -- Debian style being the hard disk install and Knoppix style being an installation that runs like the live-CD.

    I have never tried knx-hdinstall but have used knoppix-installer around seven times now. It is by far (to me, at least) the easiest and most reliable Linux installation I have ever experienced

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    14
    Thanks for the quick response. I never used 'knoppix-installer' but I just read two another posts and both do confirm your description. If you used it seven times and worked for you, I am confident it will work for me too. Thanks again.

    Regards

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    well, knoppix-installer was made to replace knx-hdinstall (which is no longer mantained). It offers the same options, and more. So there is no real reason to use knx-hdinstall...

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    25
    I had used knx-hdinstall back in 3.2, and that's how I got my current Knoppix/Debian setup.

    I remember that there was something that I found confusing about it (but I can't put my finger on it). It also didn't give me the choice of filesystem I wanted to use -- just ext3.

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    41

    Alsa

    my question...

    I know back in the knx-hdinstall days you could use teh flag alsa to install alsa as opposed to OSS.

    Is there such an option with the new installer? I'm also wondering if/how this will be rewritten once the 2.6 kernel becomes stable which has alsa support built into it (seeing how OSS is becoming depreciated)

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    25
    Ulaire Smiley,

    At what point does it lock up? Does it load and then fail when you try and run an application, or does it fail when it's starting up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Apt-get better with Debian install than Knoppix install?
    By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
  2. Upgrade Knoppix 3.6 HDD install to Knoppix 3.7 HDD install
    By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
  3. Knoppix install read error around 80%, install another way?
    By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
  4. Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. saving home from hd-install, so i can install new knoppix
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99