I have a small network setup. Machine 1 is a XP Pro system with 2 shared printers (HP, Epson) Machine 2 is Knoppix 3.3 and machine 3 is a Lindows 4.0 box.
Knoppix has no problems printing t the XP printers. Lindows haas no problems printing. But after upgrading Knoppix Lindows now shows 2 extra IPP printers from the Knoppix machine that apparently CUPS has passed on to Lindows. Now the only way I can make Lindows print is to go into the control panel delete the 2 IPP printers from Knoppix than print. However in about 10 minutes or less the printers automagically reappear! How can I stop this?
Thanks
Been there, thats how I've been deleting the printers. I see no where that you can tell CUPS not to pass on the info on these printers. Since they are shared from XP to the Knoppix box they are not shared from the Knoppix box. At least I do not think so.
Thanks
I've been having a bear of a problem using http://localhost:631 on my hdinstalled LAN. Is there a manual somewhere on using localhost:631? I must not be using right. I see nothing in the dox on this site and google dosen't show any howtos....
Please help!!!

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95