I beleive this is brought to you courtesy of paradocs
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BurnHome
Is there a way to put your persistant home on the cd-r as well ?
I think normally this couldn't work since the file has to be opened in read-write. But maybe by first writing it to the ramdisk and opening it from there it could work ?
Has anyone done this before ? (or any advice on how pulling this one off).
I prefer asking it before burning several piles of cd's for nothing.
Thanks already in advance,
Greetzzzz,
I beleive this is brought to you courtesy of paradocs
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BurnHome
The link you provided is for people who wish to use a persistant home drive on a seperate CDRW .
My goal is to start from a standard knoppix release ,copy the persitant home file from the same cd to the ram-drive and start all the stuff that ought to be started from this home drive (which can then be mounted in rw).
I hope beiing able to do this simply by adapting the cfg bootfiles from the bootpartition on the cd. (add a copy command right after ramdisk creation,and add a knoppix kernel option which points homedrive to the ramdrive)
This implies that using this principle you can easely create adapted cd's containing your specific drivers,libraries,programs,shortcuts etc ... .
And simply by rebooting the pc with cd,can restore it to it's original start condition .
Nevertheless tnx for the effort,
I did take a look at Morphix but it seemed to complicated for me.(and I don't think either that a customised home drive is possible).
greetzzz,
sounds like you could save the home directory with KNOPPIX->Configure->Save a persistant KNOPPIX Home directory and then re-master a CD with those files on the CD. IIRC, Knoppix will look for /knoppix.sh on the root of the CDROM. If it's not automatically found then it might get found with"knoppix myhome=scan" at boot time.
This will result in an error since the home drive will be mount as read-write directly from the cd-rom (which is read-only).
But thanks anyway![]()

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco CP-8851-3PCC-K9= IP Phone 8851 with Multiplatform Firmware - Charcoal
$60.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T54W Verizon VoIP IP Phone 16-Line PoE Speakerphone Black
$34.50