-
Konqueror automatically starts after hdinstall
Hi
I did the customization with Knoppix 3.3, and changed the desktop settings by copying /home/knoppix/.kde/ Directory into /mnt/hdax/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde/. All things goes fine looks OK when boot from customized ISO image. I did "knx-hdinstall" from my customized ISO and rebooted the machine. But when I loged in, it starts Konqueror automatically still in the HD Installed knoppix. And seeking index.html from /cdrom/index.html Just like it starts and seeks html page in live-cd image.
Please someone help, that where can I find this setting and how to disable this before fresh customization.
Thanks in Advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You'll need to edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
Comment or remove the following:
if [ -e "$INDEXFILE" ]; then
cat >> $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop <<EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Name=KNOPPIX
Exec=kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing $INDEXFILE
Type=Application
Icon=html
Terminal=0
EOF
ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop
fi
-
Hi Thanks for your suggession. But there is no file named '45xsession' in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/.
There is only 5 files named below
20xfree86-common_process-args
50xfree86-common_determine-startup
99xfree86-common_start
30xfree86-common_xresources
90xfree86-common_ssh-agent
regards.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I use a custom autostart folder so that Konqueror doesn't launch every time I start Knoppix: Right click on the desktop, click configure desktop, then paths, to make the change. I use: /home/knoppix/autostart. Then move showindex.desktop out of the folder so it won't open at startup.
-
Thanks for your hint. I removed the linked page from # rm /etc/skel/.kde/autostart/index.html
and it stopped now.
Thanks again for both of you.
regards
Similar Threads
-
By brigi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
-
By jlcurty in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM
-
By redss in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By psionides in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 11:23 AM
-
By art in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor (3.9GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4) Used
$80.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LOT OF 12 Intel Core i5 Desktop CPU •6x 7500 6x 6500 •LGA1151 H4 SR2L6 SR335
$129.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

LOT OF 6 Intel Core i7-6700 3.4ghz Desktop CPU • LGA1151 Socket H4 SR2L2
$169.00