Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No internet on blueyonder 600k service

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    No internet on blueyonder 600k service

    Hi I am sure this has been asked a great deal before but none the less I have never used linux and only used the cd-rom a few days ago so forgive me if I sound like an extreme newbie (windows born and bred):

    Like I said I got the cd-rom and installed, went smoothly until it was time for the internet,
    surprise surprise no connection
    I read some of the replies in this group on what to do:
    I went back to windows did ipconfig noted the settings, ip address, gateway, gateway mask..came back to knoppix via the cd-rom and ran knoppix>netword card configuration from the lower left hand option and put in the settings I had obtained from windows...still nothing.

    I then ran k-mail and put in the smtp, pop3 and username and password I use for the blueyonder service, I read somewhere here that kmail should help knoppix auto detect your network settings and let you on the net, am afraid still nothing.

    So here I post, I have run out of ideas as to what to do to get my internet working on knoppix, I am on winxp

    thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    I guess you use Cable/ADSL with or without some sort of router.

    Have you tried running knoppix>netword card configuration and selecting 'use DHCP broadcast' (or something similar)? It will ask for configuration data on the network, which your router should supply.

    If you don't use a router, then you need to know if your 'modem' is a network-modem, in which case you need to configure it with the ADSL and Cable config/setup programs in the Knoppix menu, or a normal gateway, in which case the DHCP broadcast should work.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    I don't use a router as far as I am aware, I use a dhcp server, I do not know if this is the same as the nameserve on knoppix, I have my ip address, subnet mask, default gateway and dhcp server, I have tried manually putting the values into the network card config manaully, as opposed to letting it auto detect with dhcp, but still nothing. I understand that my network card ( a netgear fa11 ethernet) is supported by a natsemi driver on knoppix but I dont see it, and I have never used knoppix or c++ for that matter so wouldn't know what to do to load it once I had the driver, where would I compile it, if I had the c code and knowing that g++ -o filename.exe natsemicode.c would produce a filename.exe in the current directory how would I get knoppix to recognise this executable is the driver for the network in future events..

    any help will be greatly appreciated.

    thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Service command
    By emypisqua in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
  2. Name Service CORBA on Knoppix live CD
    By mune in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:12 PM
  3. Terminal Service Problem
    By chunky in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
  4. verizon wireless internet service
    By manjo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 11:26 PM
  5. Blueyonder Broadband - won't access net through Knoppix
    By stevethayne in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97



Juniper Networks JNP204/MX204 Universal Edge Router picture

Juniper Networks JNP204/MX204 Universal Edge Router

$8500.00



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$164.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T picture

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T

$249.99