Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Soiund not working

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    7

    Soiund not working

    I have no sound in Knoppix I have Crystal WDM AC'97 Driver for ICH4

    I have tried sndconfig and I have gone into settings in control centre

    any one help

    Thanks

  2. #2
    It's likely the drivers for your card aren't included with Knoppix. You may have to download them from the hardware maker's official website or from some other source.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Have you tried the cheatcode alsa at the CD bootprompt?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have the same problem with sound in this latest knoppix version. I have an A30p Thinkpad laptop which uses crystal AC'97
    Audio Controller Type Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M
    Codec Name Cirrus Logic CS4299.

    I used the alsa option and though it seems to load the alsa driver nothing appears in the modules.conf that relates to sound.

    If I run snd-config I can get sound but not through alsa.

    I have a hd install of knoppix 24/9/2003 and sound works perfectly with that version, so something must have been changed in this newer version.

Similar Threads

  1. Any fix to get USB 2.0 working 3.8.1?
    By rduke15 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:02 AM
  2. USB not working
    By britt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
  3. USB not working
    By britt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010) picture

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)

$149.00



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99