What is the error?
I have a problem with my Pen Drive Seitec 256 Mb ( whit chip Prolific Technologies )....
when I connect my pen drive with my USB port, linux reports
4
/MNT/sdan
/sda1
/sda2
/sda3
/sda4
When i try to mount /sdan
linux reports me an error
.....
I use a knoppix 3.3 in my notebook (whit usb 1.1)
in a PC with card USB 2.0 I can mount and operate with my pen drive ????
is the problem my USB 1.1??
sorry for my English (i'm italian)!!
thanks a lot
What is the error?
I had a similar problem with a pen drive I tried to use. Four icons for it (sda1-4) would show up on the desktop. Only sda4 did anything at all, but it was too slow and unreliable to actually use.
I finally blamed the pen drive and bought a Lexar JumpDrive instead (based on recommendations in this forum).
Try using with the normal cheat codes you use when you boot max_scsi_luns=1 to tell the kernel only to use 1 lun for each device. eg. knoppix lang=it max_scsi_luns=1Originally Posted by melo016
the problem is that knoppix it does not recognize my pen drive and gives an error to me of too many filesystem mountedhow I can make
![]()
thanks lot
I have figured out the usb flash/pen drive problem with Knoppix! (for my system at least). I use a Dell 128MB usb flash drive and too was having problems where Knoppix would not boot if I started it up with it plugged in. I also had the problem with getting the 4 partitons after plugging it in when Knoppix was loaded.
It seems that the problems exist when Windows is used to format the flash drive. I used Windows XP to formate my drive as fat and that is when the problems started. I downloaded a tool from Dell's website that is used to make my flash drive bootable. Along with this tool is a format option (without actually making it bootable). After using this (it took much longer to format the drive than with the Windows format utility), the drive shows up as fat in windows. I left it plugged in and booted Knoppix 3.3. It is detected correctly and mounts as /mnt/sda1 like it is supposed to.
I have not had any problems since!

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00
Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop
$44.99