Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Pen DRIVE PROBLEM......

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3

    Pen DRIVE PROBLEM......

    I have a problem with my Pen Drive Seitec 256 Mb ( whit chip Prolific Technologies )....

    when I connect my pen drive with my USB port, linux reports

    4
    /MNT/sdan

    /sda1
    /sda2
    /sda3
    /sda4


    When i try to mount /sdan
    linux reports me an error

    .....
    I use a knoppix 3.3 in my notebook (whit usb 1.1)

    in a PC with card USB 2.0 I can mount and operate with my pen drive ?? ??

    is the problem my USB 1.1??

    sorry for my English (i'm italian)!!

    thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    67
    What is the error?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41
    I had a similar problem with a pen drive I tried to use. Four icons for it (sda1-4) would show up on the desktop. Only sda4 did anything at all, but it was too slow and unreliable to actually use.

    I finally blamed the pen drive and bought a Lexar JumpDrive instead (based on recommendations in this forum).

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Pen DRIVE PROBLEM......

    Quote Originally Posted by melo016
    I have a problem with my Pen Drive Seitec 256 Mb ( whit chip Prolific Technologies )....

    when I connect my pen drive with my USB port, linux reports

    4
    /MNT/sdan

    /sda1
    /sda2
    /sda3
    /sda4


    When i try to mount /sdan
    linux reports me an error

    .....
    I use a knoppix 3.3 in my notebook (whit usb 1.1)

    in a PC with card USB 2.0 I can mount and operate with my pen drive ?? ??

    is the problem my USB 1.1??

    sorry for my English (i'm italian)!!

    thanks a lot
    Try using with the normal cheat codes you use when you boot max_scsi_luns=1 to tell the kernel only to use 1 lun for each device. eg. knoppix lang=it max_scsi_luns=1

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3
    the problem is that knoppix it does not recognize my pen drive and gives an error to me of too many filesystem mounted how I can make

    thanks lot

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    1
    I have figured out the usb flash/pen drive problem with Knoppix! (for my system at least). I use a Dell 128MB usb flash drive and too was having problems where Knoppix would not boot if I started it up with it plugged in. I also had the problem with getting the 4 partitons after plugging it in when Knoppix was loaded.

    It seems that the problems exist when Windows is used to format the flash drive. I used Windows XP to formate my drive as fat and that is when the problems started. I downloaded a tool from Dell's website that is used to make my flash drive bootable. Along with this tool is a format option (without actually making it bootable). After using this (it took much longer to format the drive than with the Windows format utility), the drive shows up as fat in windows. I left it plugged in and booted Knoppix 3.3. It is detected correctly and mounts as /mnt/sda1 like it is supposed to.

    I have not had any problems since!

Similar Threads

  1. Problem finding C Drive
    By Bennito in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 07:49 PM
  2. Floppy Drive problem! eek!
    By ThundaOne in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 06:00 PM
  3. USB drive problem
    By linweix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 07:17 PM
  4. MSI CD-RW drive recognition problem
    By CoolSilver in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 04:38 AM
  5. FLASH DRIVE Problem!
    By ReaLity in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box  picture

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box

$90.98



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67